Their line-up remained unchanged until their breakup, consisting of;-
- Bradley Nowell (vocals and guitar)
- Eric Wilson (bass)
- Bud Gaugh (drums)
Lou Dog, Nowell's dalmatian was the mascot of the band.
Michael 'Miguel' Happoldt and Marshall Goodman "Ras MG" contributed to and co-wrote several Sublime songs. Nowell passed away from a heroin overdose in 1996. In 1997, posthumous songs such as "What I Got", "Santeria", "Wrong Way", "Doin' Time", and "April 29, 1992 (Miami)" were released to U.S. radio.
Sublime released three studio albums, one live album, five compilation albums (one of which also contains never-before released material), three EPs and one box set.
Although their first two albums—40oz. to Freedom (1992) and Robbin' the Hood (1994) were quite popular in the United States, Sublime did not experience major commercial success until 1996 with their self-titled third album, released two months after Nowell's death, which peaked at No. 13 on the Billboard 200, and spawned the single "What I Got", it remains the band's only No. 1 hit single (on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart) in their musical career.
In 2009, the surviving members decided to reform the band with Rome Ramirez, a young guitarist and admitted Sublime fan from California. However, not long after performing at Cypress Hill's Smokeout Festival, a Los Angeles judge banned the new lineup from using the Sublime name. This was because Nowell had owned rights to the Sublime name, and as a result, they were not allowed to use it without approval and permission from his estate. In January 2010, the lawsuit was settled and the new lineup now performs together as Sublime with Rome, who released their debut album Yours Truly on July 12, 2011. Five months after its release, Gaugh announced his departure from the band.
1) Jah Won't Pay the Bills - 1991 (Their first official release. Recorded during late night sessions at California State University Dominguez Hills, by Miguel)
2) 40oz. to Freedom - 1992
3) Robbin' the Hood - 1994
4) Sublime - 1996
5) Yours Truly - 2011 (Sublime with Rome)
Additional Members Name Check
- Marshall Goodman "Ras MG" - drums (1990-1992), turntables (1994–1996)
- Michael Happoldt – manager, occasional guitar (1990–1996)
- Todd Forman – saxophone (1990–1996)
- Kelly Vargas – drums (1992–1993)
- Christopher Michael Bauer - trumpet