AFI (A Fire Inside), a Rock band formed out of Ukiah, California, during 1991.
They have had the same lineup since 1998: lead vocalist Davey Havok, drummer and backup vocalist Adam Carson, with bassist Hunter Burgan and guitarist Jade Puget, who both play keyboard and contribute backup vocals. Of the current lineup, Havok and Carson are the two remaining original members.
They have released nine studio albums, ten EPs, one live album and one DVD. It was not until the release of the band's fifth album The Art of Drowning that they achieved commercial success; the album peaked at number 174 on the Billboard 200 and it also peaked at number 9 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers Albums Chart.
The band enjoyed its first major commercial success 12 years after it formed, in 2003, with Sing the Sorrow reaching number five on the Billboard 200, and remaining on the chart for 51 weeks. The album was supported by popular singles "Girl's Not Grey" and "Silver and Cold", both of which peaked at number seven on America's Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart in 2003. "The Leaving Song Pt. II" was also released as a single, reaching number 16 on the chart. It went on to receive Platinum certification in the US, having sold over 1.2 million copies as of September 2009.
The band returned in 2006 with Decemberunderground, which featured the hit single "Miss Murder". Both achieved the top spot on the Billboard 200 and Hot Modern Rock Tracks, respectively. The album also featured "Love Like Winter", which attained number four on the Modern Rock charts. It reached as far as Australia, where it grasped Gold certification. It has also been certified Double Platinum by the RIAA in 2013. AFI's eighth studio album Crash Love was released in 2009, peaking at number 12 on the Billboard 200, selling 52,000 copies in its first week of release.
Studio Albums List
1) Answer That and Stay Fashionable (1995)
2) Very Proud of Ya (1996)
3) Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes (1997)
4) Black Sails in the Sunset (1999)
5) The Art of Drowning (2000)
6) Sing the Sorrow (2003)
7) Decemberunderground (2006)
8) Crash Love (2009)
9) Burials (2013)
9) AFI (The Blood Album (2017)
Members Name Check
- Davey Havok – lead vocals (1991–present)
- Jade Puget – guitar, keyboard, programming, backing vocals (1998–present)
- Hunter Burgan – bass, keyboard, programming, backing vocals (1997–present)
- Adam Carson – drums, percussion, backing vocals (1991–present)
- Mark Stopholese – guitar, backing vocals (1991–1998)
- Vic Chalker – bass, backing vocals (1991–1992)
- Geoff Kresge – bass, backing vocals (1992–1997)