Alternative Things - Requirements
This is a quick summary of the requirements for the online site Alternative Things. Many of these requirements have been written in the style of user stories (see Agile methodologies for an explanation). Requirements have also been given three priority categories:
- This requirement must be met prior to the pilot launch.
- This requirement must be met before all site capabilities are made fully public (i.e. before anyone can set up their own Alternative Things store).
- This requirement should be met at some point in the future (although it may be superseded or dropped at some point).
Online shopping Requirements
- As a customer, I want to be able to purchase items without registering an account, so that I can purchase items as quickly as possible. Required.
- As a store owner, I want customers to be able to purchase items paying through Visa, Visa-Electron, Mastercard, Switch or using PayPal, so that they have standard payment options available to them. Required.
- As a customer, I want to be able to add items from multiple different stores to my shopping basket, so that my shopping is completed in one 'journey' as opposed to having to complete my shopping multiple times. Pilot.
- As a customer, I want to be able to make payments without using PayPal, so that the time taken to complete my shopping is reduced. Future.
User account Requirements
- As a store owner, I want the customers' user accounts to be unique and to be of standard security for e-commerce, so that customers have confidence in the site and make purchases. Required.
- All user accounts will be uniquely identifiable by their email address.
- All user accounts will require a password at least eight characters long, with at least one upper case letter, at least one lower case letter and at least one digit.
- No card details will be stored on the site, this will mean that users will have to re-input all of their card details on each purchase, but will reduce the risk of data theft.
- As a store owner, I want to be able to set up a unique namespace for my store online, so that my online presence is separate from those of other stores and I can advertise it individually. Required.
- Store namespaces will take the format http(s)://<StoreName>.alternativethings[.eu .co.uk .com etc].
- The StoreName is the unique name of the store generated when it was created, with all punctuation and spaces removed.
- As a store owner, I want to be able to upload product data for my entire stock at one time (as opposed to uploading each item individually), so that I spend less time maintaining my store. Pilot.
- As a store owner, I want to be able to customise the look of my site to make it more unique and attract customers. Future