Asha Puthli is an Indian-born singer-songwriter, producer and actress.
Best recognized for her vocals on the "Science Fiction" album by Jazz iconoclast Ornette Coleman, Asha Puthli has recorded ten solo albums for labels like EMI, CBS/Sony, and RCA. She is a 'World Music' pioneer and an intrepid cosmopolite.
Her recordings, which span styles like Blues, Pop, Rock, Soul, Funk, Disco, and Techno, have been produced by the likes of Del Newman (who has produced Elton John and Cat Stevens), and Teo Macero (who has produced Miles Davis and Vernon Reid).
1) Asha Puthli (CBS) 1973
2) She Loves to Hear the Music (CBS) 1974
3) The Devil is Loose (CBS) 1976
4) Asha L'Indiana (TK Records) 1979
5) 1001 Nights of Love (Polygram) 1980
6) I'm Going to Kill It Tonight (Autobahn) 1981
7) Only the Headaches Remain (Polygram) 1982
8) Asha: The New Beat of Nostalgia (Top of the World Records) 1998