Intro and Info
A Heavy Metal / Thrash Metal / Nu Metal band formed out of Los Angeles, California, in 1990. Probably should be thought of as a major influence on all of the above Genres, as well as The New Wave of American Heavy Metal.
Ice-T took on the role of vocalist and writing the lyrics for most of the group's songs.
Lead guitarist Ernie C has been responsible for writing the group's music. Their controversial self-titled debut album was released on Sire Records in 1992.
The song "Cop Killer" was the subject of much controversy. Although Sire Records' parent company, Warner Bros. Records, defended the single, Ice-T chose to remove the track from the album because he felt that the controversy had eclipsed the music itself. The group left Sire the following year. Since then, they have released three further albums on different labels, none of which have been received as commercially as well as their debut album.
This was, of course, not Ice-T's only experience of recording something that would fit into the Heavy Metal bracket, he also did a duet with Slayer for the Judgment Night soundtrack - ("Disorder" (Medley of 3 The Exploited songs: "War", "UK '82", and "Disorder").
Three out of the band's original five members have sadly passed away;-
- D-Roc from lymphoma.
- Beatmaster V from leukemia.
- Mooseman in a drive-by shooting.
Our thoughts go out to their friends and family, and we can always remember the great contribution they made to the this world.
1) Body Count (1992)
2) Born Dead (1994)
3) Violent Demise: The Last Days (1997)
4) Murder 4 Hire (2006)
5) Manslaughter (2014)
Members Name Check
- Ice-T – vocals (1990—present)
- Ernie C – lead guitar (1990—present)
- Sean E Sean – sampler, backing vocals (1990—present)
- Vincent Price – bass (2001—present)
- Ill Will – drums (2009—present)
- Juan of the Dead – rhythm guitar (2013—present)
- Beatmaster V – drums (1990— death in 1996)
- Mooseman – bass (1990—1997, died in 2001)
- D-Roc the Executioner – rhythm guitar (1990— death in 2004)
- Griz – bass (1997—2001)
- O.T. – drums (1997—2006)
- Bendrix – rhythm guitar (2004—2006)