Brighton has always had strong associations with Youth culture, Alternative Lifestyles, and the Movement of Music, the 1960's Mods and Rockers riots are legendary, but there is so many more positive things that Brighton should be remembered for.
This is just a brief selection, we're sure there is so many more, but hopefully this will give you an idea of the diversity that this area has to offer.
3) Members of Elastica have relocated here.
4) One of Fatboy Slim's pseudonyms is "The Brighton Port Authority".
7) The Levellers are based in Brighton, they also bought and converted a derelict factory, which they use for band affairs, and the spare space was given over to other Brighton musicians and small craft businesses.
8) When Peter and the Test Tube Babies are not on tour, Peter Bywaters teaches English as a second language tuition from his home in Brighton. Del Strangefish hosts a Punk Radio Show with Jimmy Skurvi of Brighton Punk band Skurvi on Brightons Radio Reverb.
10) Splodgenessabounds released a live show on DVD in 2005 which featured Motörhead guitarist Würzel.
Caroline of Brunswick
Real ale pub with quiz nights, plus 60-seater upstairs space staging Rock bands and Stand-Up Comedy.
Check out the bust of Cerberus hanging behind the bar.
Hope & Ruin
Lively, laid-back pub with reclaimed vibe, for craft beers and live bands in upstairs music space.
This place offers table football, quiz/music nights and outdoor seats, plus real ale and burgers.
Stunning building, good selection of beers and other drinks, great tradition for live music here, upstairs hosts regular live gigs. Generally very popular place, and often gets very busy.
Sticky Mike's Frog Bar
A creative hub with booze // food // live bands // alternative club nights // art happenings // games & quizzes // poetry & film // and lots more.
Open from 6pm Monday to Saturday with a vast selection of drinks available. They have ales, lagers, keg beer, cocktails and shots, something for everyone... even quality bottles of fizz to suit all budgets, plus they serve delicious handmade pizzaface pizzas with veggie, vegan and meat options.
Green Door Store
Live music club in a railway yard with a late bar every night, free entry, and a green door.
Converted cinema with a raised stage, screen and bars, hosting a mix of live gigs and club nights.
Relaxed, arty pub with dark wood floors, exposed brick and outdoor tables, serving homemade burgers.
The Yellow Book
The UK's First Steampunk themed bar.