Bullet For My Valentine
Originally they were called "Jeff Killed John" and in the early days of their music career, they were covering songs by Metallica and Nirvana. Under the name "Jeff Killed John", they recorded six songs, none of which were released, although two of these tracks were reworked later in their career as Bullet for My Valentine.
Thrir debut album, "The Poison", came out on the 3rd of October 2005 in the UK and on thr 14th of February 2006 in the USA, this was to coincide with Valentine's Day, in a nod to the band's name.
The band's second album, "Scream Aim Fire", was released on the 29th of January 2008 and debuted at number four on the Billboard 200.
The third album was called "Fever", and came out on the 26th of April 2010, this album hit the Billboard Top 200 at number three.
February the 8th, 2013, saw them release album number four, "Temper Temper", this one peaked at number 13 on the Billboard 200.
They have sold over one million albums in the USA alone, and over 5,000,000 albums worldwide.
They have also become the most-successful act in the Kerrang! Awards category of "Best British Band" with three wins, as well as Best Single for "Tears Don't Fall" in 2006, Best British Newcomer in 2005, Best Live Band in 2010, and they even Headlined Kerrang!'s 25-year anniversary tour of the UK.
Bullet For My Valentine have made live appearances at the Download Festival and Kerrang! XXV, as well a US tour with Rob Zombie.
1) The Poison (2005)
2) Scream Aim Fire (2008)
3) Fever (2010)
4) Temper Temper (2013)
5) Venom (2015)
Members Name Check
- Matthew Tuck – lead vocals, rhythm guitar (1998–present)
- Michael "Padge" Paget – lead guitar, backing vocals (1998–present)
- Michael "Moose" Thomas – drums, percussion (1998–present)
- Jamie Mathias – bass guitar, vocals (2015–present)
- Nick Crandle – bass guitar (1998–2003)
- Jason James – bass guitar, vocals (2003–2015)
Welsh Music Award
- Best Newcomer (2004)
Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards
- Best British Band (2006, 2010)
- Best Single for "Tears Don't Fall" (2006)
- Best British Newcomer (2005)
- Best British Band (2008, 2009, 2010)
- Headlined Kerrang!'s 25-year anniversary tour of the UK
- Best Live Band (2010)