Lords of Acid
As they are a crossover between many genres, they have helped to break down Genrefication.
They debuted with the "New Beat single "I Sit on Acid" in 1988.
Created by Jade 4U, Praga Khan and Olivier Adams; their debut album, 1991's Lust (along with additional singles "Rough Sex" and "I Must Increase My Bust"), were critically acclaimed within the Electronic Dance Music communities for their outrageously sexual lyrics and sound samples.
Their second album was Voodoo-U (1994), which featured a more Industrial sound.
This was followed by Our Little Secret (1997)
Heaven Is an Orgasm (1998)
Expand Your Head (1999)
In 2000 they released a more Rock-Influenced album titled Farstucker and in 2003
After being in the music industry for fifteen years, they released a greatest hits album called Greatest T*ts.
In 2010, after almost ten years without a release, Praga Khan announced a new EP, Little Mighty Rabbit, was in the works with a September 2011 release date.
Their latest album Deep Chills was released on 10 April 2012.
Tracks on the album included "Children of Acid", "Paranormal Energy" with Zak Bagans, and "Pop That Tooshie" with Alana Evans.
In October 2013, Lords of Acid announced on their social media accounts that a new album was in the works.
2017 saw the release of Our Little Secret (Special Remastered Band Edition)
Originally released in 1997, the album maintains the Industrial music and sexually charged songs. The album features one of their some of their most recognisable hits, including "Pussy", remastered & released as the Special Remastered Band Edition.
Lords of Acid's soundtrack credits include Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Sliver, Strange Days, Bad Lieutenant, Paparazzi, Virtuosity and Sucker Punch.
Olivier Adams and Praga Khan are also known for their work on Mortal Kombat: The Album, based on the controversial video game performing as The Immortals.
Jade 4U provided backing vocals on the track "Kano (Use Your Might)".
Lords of Acid also performed under the pseudonyms Channel X, Digital Orgasm and 101, with a less sex-based and more Rave-Influenced sound.
Although being named the "Queen of New Beat", Jade 4U had expressed her distaste for the genre in the beginning.
On February 27, 2015 Almost two decades after leaving Lords of Acid, Nikkie Van Lierop made a guest appearance with Simi Nah to perform "I Sit On Acid" live.
Members Name Check
Lords of Acid have had an extensive list of members and contributers over the years.
- Praga Khan – synthesizers and programming, backing vocals
- Mea Fisher (a.k.a. DJ Méa) – lead vocals
- Galen Waling - drums
- DieTrich Thrall - bass
- Joe Haze - guitars
- Erica Dilanjian - backing vocals
- Roland Turner - keyboards, backing vocals
Selected Former Members
- Olivier Adams – synthesizers and programming, drums, vocals
- Ludo Camberlin (a.k.a. Carl S. Johansen) – guitars, synthesizers and programming
- Ruth McArdle (a.k.a. Lady Galore and Cherrie Blue) – vocals on Voodoo-U
- Deborah Ostrega – lead vocals on Farstucker and Private Parts
- Nikkie Van Lierop (a.k.a. Jade 4U and Darling Nikkie) – lead vocals, synthesizers and programming
- Murv Douglas – bass
- Virus – guitars
- Kirk Salvador – drums, electronic percussion
- Zak Bagans – guest vocals
- Corina Braemt (a.k.a. Laurena) - Backing Vocals
- Hans Bruyninckx (a.k.a. Hans-X) – bass
- Lacey Conner – live vocals (Sextreme Ball Tour)
- Wim Daans (a.k.a. Shai de la Luna) – live synthesizers and programming
- Natalie Delaet – live vocals, dancer
- Glenn Engelen – music and arrangements
- Alana Evans – guest vocals
- Kurt Liekens (a.k.a. Kurt McGuinness) – drums and electronic percussion
- Tejo De Roeck (a.k.a. Tej-Doo) – additional synthesizers and programming
- Sin Quirin – live guitars (Sextreme Ball Tour)
- Inja Van Gastel – live vocals, synthesizers, dancer