They were formed in 1988 after the demise of Green River.
Their early releases on Sub Pop, in particular the debut single "Touch Me I'm Sick" and the Superfuzz Bigmuff EP, were massively influential on the Seattle/Grunge scene, possibly being one of the releases of the era that inspired that dirty, high-distortion sound that would become Grunge.
Sadly, they found little commercial success during their long career, even though it was definitely deserved, but they dud spawn 10 studio albums, and inspired countless musicians, from many genres, not just Grunge and Alternative Rock.
Studio Albums List
1) Mudhoney (1989)
2) Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge (1991)
3) Piece of Cake (1992)
4) My Brother the Cow (1995)
5) Tomorrow Hit Today (1998)
6) Since We've Become Translucent (2002)
7) Under a Billion Suns (2006)
8) The Lucky Ones (2008)
9) Vanishing Point (2013)
Members Name Check
- Vocalist and rhythm guitarist Mark Arm
- Lead guitarist Steve Turner
- Bassist Guy Maddison
- Drummer Dan Peters
- The original bassist was Matt Lukin, but he quit the band in 1999 but briefly came back in December 2000 to fulfil touring commitments.