"Painkiller", sometimes officially typed as "Pain Killer" was a band originally formed in 1991.
The three primary members of Painkiller were;-
John Zorn on saxophone
Bill Laswell on electric bass
Mick Harris (formerly of Napalm Death and founding member of Scorn) on drums.
The band has also had several musicians make guest appearances both live and in the studio, including Yamatsuka Eye, Buckethead, Mike Patton, Makigami Koichi, Justin Broadrick and G. C. Green of Godflesh, and Keiji Haino of Fushitsusha.
Harris left the band in 1995 to dedicate himself solely to computer music. Following his departure, many assumed that Painkiller was defunct. However, John Zorn and Laswell resurrected the project and played some live dates with Yoshida Tatsuya of Ruins (Japanese band) playing drums. Hamid Drake also sat in for John Zorn's 50th Birthday shows at Tonic in NYC. That show (which also featured Mike Patton as a guest) was released as a live album by Tzadik.
Albums and EPs
1) Guts of a Virgin EP (Earache Records, 1991)
2) Buried Secrets EP (Earache Records, 1992)
3) Rituals: Live in Japan (Toy's Factory, 1993)
4) Execution Ground (Subharmonic, 1994)
5) Talisman: Live in Nagoya (Tzadik, 2002)
7) The Prophecy: Live in Europe (Tzadik, 2013) - with Yoshida Tatsuya
1) Painkiller: The Collected Works (Tzadik, 1997) - compilation of the first two EPs with Execution Ground and a bonus live disc
2) Guts of a Virgin/Buried Secrets (Earache Records, 1998) - compilation of the first two EPs onto a single CD