Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr., born October the 20th, 1971, known professionally as Snoop Dogg
He is an American Rapper and actor from Long Beach, California.
His music career began in 1992 when he was discovered by Dr. Dre of N.W.A and, as a result, was prominently featured throughout Dr. Dre's solo debut album, The Chronic (1992). He has since sold over 21 million albums in the United States and 35 million albums worldwide.
Snoop's debut album, Doggystyle, was released in 1993 under Death Row Records, debuting at number one on both the Billboard 200 and Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts. Selling almost a million copies in the first week of its release, Doggystyle became certified 4× platinum in 1994 and spawned several hit singles, including "What's My Name?" and "Gin & Juice". In 1994, Snoop released a soundtrack on Death Row Records for the short film Murder Was The Case, starring himself.
His second album Tha Doggfather (1996), also debuted at number one on both charts with "Snoop's Upside Ya Head", as the lead single. The album was certified double platinum in 1997.
After leaving Death Row, Snoop signed with No Limit Records, where he recorded his next three albums. Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told (1998), No Limit Top Dogg (1999), and Tha Last Meal (2000). Snoop then signed with Priority/Capitol/EMI Records in 2002, where he released Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss. He then signed with Geffen Records in 2004 for his next three albums R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece, Tha Blue Carpet Treatment, and Ego Trippin'. Malice 'n Wonderland (2009) and Doggumentary (2011), were released on Priority.
Snoop Dogg has starred in motion pictures and hosted several television shows including, Doggy Fizzle Televizzle, Snoop Dogg's Father Hood and Dogg After Dark. (IMDB Link)
He also coaches a youth football league and high school football team. In September 2009, Snoop was hired by EMI as the chairman of a reactivated Priority Records.
In 2012, after a trip to Jamaica, Snoop announced a conversion to the Rastafari movement and a new alias, Snoop Lion. Under the new moniker, he released a Reggae album, Reincarnated, and a documentary film of the same name, of his Jamaican experience, in early 2013. His thirteenth solo studio album, Bush, was released in May 2015.
Snoop Dogg shares a dubious distinction with Brian McKnight of having sixteen Grammy nominations without a win, the most of any artist.
- 1993: Doggystyle
- 1996: Tha Doggfather
- 1998: Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told
- 1999: No Limit Top Dogg
- 2000: Tha Last Meal
- 2002: Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss
- 2004: R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece
- 2006: Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
- 2008: Ego Trippin'
- 2009: Malice n Wonderland
- 2011: Doggumentary
- 2013: Reincarnated
- 2015: Bush
- 2000: Tha Eastsidaz (with Tray Deee and Goldie Loc as Tha Eastsidaz)
- 2001: Duces 'n Trayz: The Old Fashioned Way (with Tray Deee and Goldie Loc as Tha Eastsidaz)
- 2004: The Hard Way (with Nate Dogg and Warren G as 213)
- 2011: Mac & Devin Go to High School (with Wiz Khalifa)
- 2013: 7 Days of Funk (with Dâm-Funk as 7 Days of Funk)
- 2013: Royal Fam (with Spanky Danky and Dirty D as Tha Broadus Boyz)
- 2016: Cuzznz (with Daz Dillinger)
- 2016: Mac & Devin Go to High School Part 2 (with Wiz Khalifa)